WHY WE EXIST
To deliver a sustainable profit of at least R80 million per annum by producing quality products for our customers resulting in (1) a growing cane supply (2) sustainable USM jobs that fosters team spirit and (3) sustainable indirect jobs in and around the Mtubatuba Local Municipality that alleviates poverty.
HOW WE OPERATE
1. INTEGRITY We are open, honest and consistent in all that we do and conduct business in an ethical way.
2. CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT We are eager to achieve the USM vision by keeping up to date with world class developments, by optimising USM’s processes and systems, by taking pride in maximising sustainable profits and by not tolerating sub-standard workmanship.
3. ‘ABOVE THE LINE’ We aspire to be ‘victors’ that proactively influence the future by taking ownership and by holding ourselves accountable and responsible for our own and our Team’s performances.
4. TEAM WORK We recognise that effective teams set and achieve their goals by having committed leaders that reprimand poor performance, recognise good performance and have fun / laugh together.
5. COMMUNICATION We treat each other like we would like to be treated by proactively presenting each other with the facts, by listening attentively, by avoiding the ‘drama’ and practicing respect.
1. CANE QUALITY of sucrose % greater than 13.4% and a purity greater than 84.7%.
2. CANE CRUSH of 1.3 million tons in 36 weeks.
3. SUGAR RECOVERY of 151’000 tons of sugar with a pol % greater than or equal to 99.3% and ICUMSA less than or equal to 1’200.
4. SUGAR BAGGED of 80’000 tons on the local market at optimum margins.
5. BUSINESS SYSTEMS implemented that maximise sustainable profits.